Nail Care Essentials*

12:43:00

Why, hello there...

We all need a little beauty pick-me-up from time to time, and a manicure and pedicure always do the trick but getting it professionally done can cost a bomb. I was kindly sent a little package which included some treats for your nails, so I thought I would share with you how I do my nails!




First of all you need to prep your nails. I like to use a hand cream and massage it into to the nails as the cuticles can get very dry. Then shape your nails using a nail file. The max factor nail file* also has a buffer on it which helps get rid of the ridges on your nails and smooths any rough edges made from filing.


Now you want to use a base coat to protect your nails from staining. The one I use if from Make Up Academy which also doubles as a top coat and it's only £1 from Poundland. Time to pick your colour. These Max Factor mini nail polishes* are the perfect size for traveling and have a great range of colours. Cappuccino is a dark grey with a hint of brown which seems to be the in-colour at the moment and is my favourite one of the bunch.


Finally, tidy up edges with either a cotton pad or a small paintbrush and some nail polish remover. This Ambray nail polish remover* does the job great and costs a fraction of some high street brands, Just 79p for 250ml. I like to change my nails quite a lot (when I'm not at work) so having a cheaper alternative is brilliant. You can find it in Poundstretcher stores or online at McBride-Direct.co.uk. As you know I''m all about the little savings, and the little savings you make here could amount to having an extra special pamper day out!

What's your favourite beauty pick-me-up?

Thanking you,

Naomi

x





*Products were sent to me to be included in a post, the main product to be reviews is the nail polish remover. All opinions are my own. Want your product/company featured on my blog? Email me at naomijoyhollands@gmail.com


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Definitely some great budget tips, I am rubbish when it comes to saving money on stuff like this and always spend too much out of laziness xx


    Blonde Of Carbs

    ReplyDelete