Introducing...Make Up Gallery.

10:39:00

Why, hello there...

In my last haul post (which you can see here) I showed you the bits I picked up from the brand new makeup range Poundworld have launched. I saw an article on it in the newspaper about a month ago and was really excited as MUA and Makeup Revolution are about as cheap as it gets on the high-street for makeup and they're big names to live up to. As you can guess, everything in the range is only £1 (obviously, it's in poundland) so it will be interesting to see what the quality is like and whether it's as good as/better than the already affordable drugstore cosmetic brands.


The range is called Make up Gallery, and even though it's only a name I really like it! Makes it sound more sophisticated and elegant. Make up Gallery caters for most of your beauty needs, although I'm not entirely sure if they do felt tip liners and I couldn't see any primers. First things first, can we just appreciate how amazing the packaging is! It is so sleek and professional, keeping to the square packaging where possible (the lipstick packaging is also square) and the monochrome colour scheme. The writing is so pretty as will, with script style font making it look class and more expensive than it is. It's these little details that really make these products stand out to me. They could have gone for a really tacky design as the products are already cheap, but I love that they have made an effort and really thought about their design.


Even the names of the products have been carefully thought about, such as feeling blush, Smoothly does is, Gorgeous flawless and Colour story. It's all in the details! Here are all the products I've picked up:

+ Plump up the volume Volumising Mascara in Black/Brown
+ Feeling Blush Blusher in Soft blush 1
+ Smoothly does it Pressed Powder in Natural Beige 2
+ Colour Story Eye shadow in Deep Plum 17
+ Well Polished Top and base coat nail polish
+ Gorgeous Flawless Long Lasting foundation in Ivory 1
+ Time to shine Quick dry nail colour in Simply Nude 3
+ All about the pout Colour moisture lipstick in Deep Red
+  Colour story Eye shadow in Cappuccino 9



I haven't fully tested out all of the products but I have swatched them all and tried the lipstick and blusher. First impression isn't too bad. The blusher is a little powdery but with a soft brush isn't too bad and does leave a nice colour on your cheeks. The lipstick isn't too drying but I'm not sure whether I would class it as a matte or satin finish as it does dry like a matte but there is a little bit of a shine to it, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing. From the swatches the eyeshadows are quite pigmented and creamy, the pressed podwer doesn't have much pay off but would probably pick up better with a brush, and the foundation is a little runny but I am yet to try is on my face.


I don't know whether to do a a separate review of all the products, or just a few, or do grouped reviews, maybe in the groups they are in these pictures? If there is a specific product you would like a review of let me know in the comments or tweet me at @naomi_joy_

Hope you've enjoyed this post!

Have you seen/tried anything from the Make Up Gallery range?

Thanking you,

Naomi

x


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'd never heard of this brand before, might have to pop into Poundland next time I'm in town and see if anything catches my eye!
    I'd love to see reviews of some of this stuff, probably in groups of what they are (face, eyes, lips etc) - how long they last, what the pigmentation is like and what the colour match is like :)
    Megan xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the feedback! yeah deffo check it out! xx

      Delete