Guest Post | Drugstore Foundations.

13:12:00

Hello all you lovely readers of Pennies For A Pound,

As you might have noticed, it’s not Naomi here today! My name’s Chloe and I blog over at 
RealityLeavesLotsToImagination (http://realityleaveslotstoimagination.blogspot.co.uk/). You may 
remember that a few weeks back Naomi asked for bloggers interested in writing a guest posts for 
her lovely blog, and that’s where I stepped in. I’m so excited to be given the opportunity to write a 
post for Naomi, as this blog is a firm favourite of mine. But that’s enough chatter, on with the post.

Today I’m going to be sharing with you three of my favourite drugstore foundations. In my opinion drugstores are beauty goldmines and a majority of the time you can actually discover some pretty 
amazing products without having to spend half as many pennies as you would if you were to 
purchase a high end product that is likely to be not anywhere near as good.


The first of my favourite drugstore foundations has to be the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation. 
This is a foundation is one I was slightly late jumping on the bandwagon with but it’s since become a staple in my makeup bag. One of my favourite things about this foundation is it does exactly what it says on the bottle, which is something that can’t be said for what seems like far too many makeup products nowadays. Rimmel claim that this foundation ‘instantly reawakens skin with a healthy, radiant glow’ and it leaves a ‘Flawless natural finish’, which it definitely does. This is the type of foundation that just instantly makes you look so much more awake, so it’s perfect if you’re off to school or work after a late night and your face is looking a tad on the tired side. It’s the perfect foundation to give your face a little lovely pick me up. It’s very easy to apply (personally, I use one pump with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush) and you only need to apply a small amount for it to provide a good medium coverage but it’s very buildable so if you’re not happy with the immediate coverage one coat provides, you can just pop some more on. I have it in the shade Ivory, which is a lovely shade that is a scarily good match to my skin tone – well done Rimmel. It has a very natural finish that provides a good natural looking glow, without making my face overly shiny. I also adore the packaging with this foundation, it has that high end esque about it and it’ll look just stunning on any dressing table. I know it sounds strange but the product actually smells nice too, it doesn't have that horrible fake scent some makeup products can have, which makes the application and wear so much nicer (I swear I recall Zoella mentioning that a while back in a video so I can’t be the only one who likes the scent). I really recommend this foundation to pretty much everyone, but if you have oily skin I’d say make sure you try it out on a day where you don’t need a full face of makeup, because the natural looking shine it provides doesn’t normally work terrifically with oily skin, so you’d need to do a test run first.
Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation retails at £8.99 and you can pick it up at both Superdrug and Boots.

Next, we have the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation. Let’s get straight to it, this 
foundation is just fab, especially if (like me) you suffer from bad breakouts. It provides such an 
amazing medium/high coverage and it’s so long lasting you don’t have to even think about having 
to retouch your makeup throughout the day. It’s like a little pot of magic that completely conceals 
all blemishes without the need of a whole heap of concealer. This foundation is so lightweight on 
the skin, to the point where you hardly notice you’re wearing it. It blends really well and doesn’t dry my skin at all. But, I’ve found that although this product to lasts most of the day, but I’ve learnt that you have to make sure that you don’t touch your face too much as I’ve found that it comes off quite easily. As with the previous product, I apply it using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and thatdoes just the trick of providing a stunning natural finish. I have heard a fair few people say that thisfoundation isn’t the best if you suffer from dry skin but I personally can’t review it looking at thatas I’m lucky enough to not have that issue, so make sure you try with caution if you tend to have problems with dry skin. With this foundation a little goes a long way so a jar lasts a good length of time, which makes it great value for money. Maybelline does a fantastic range of shades (I have it in the shade Ivory), so no matter what your skin tone you’re likely to find a good match.
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation retails at £7.69 and you can pick it up at both Superdrug and Boots.

The third and final foundation I’m going to be sharing with you today is the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation. This is an old favourite of mine, and it’s a product I keep coming back to, no matter how many other foundations I try. I love it because it provides a good medium coverage without looking too cakey, something I find most liquid foundations do, and it’s very buildable. It doesn't completely conceal all blemishes, but it’s rare you find a foundation that does so it’s not a big deal, and you just need to dab on a bit of concealer. This foundation only requires a single pump to achieve the medium coverage and I apply it with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. It has a lovely consistency and it’s so easy to apply. Also, it doesn't feel heavy on the skin and it doesn't look cakey or orange, which is fab because nobody likes the wotsit look do they? This foundation has a very natural finish but I’d really recommend popping on some powder (my personal favourite is the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder) after application and every so often throughout the day because it does leave your face a tad on the shiny side. 
Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation retails at £5.00 and you can pick it up at both Superdrug and 
Boots.


So those are my top three drugstore foundations. I’d love to hear what your personal favourites are, and if you can recommend any products you think I’d like, pop over to my blog and let me know.
I want to say a huge huge huge thank you to Naomi for letting me write for her lovely blog and thank you so much for having me.

Lots of Love

Chloe xxx

realityleaveslotstoimagination.blogspot.co.uk

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. The beauty of the words is that the same words can be used in a variety of ways to provide a different and unique meaning. You possess the nice and quite impressive style of writings that has touched my heart and soul. I shall come again to soothe my knowledge and skills thirst.
    wholesale dresses for women uk

    ReplyDelete