Guest Post | DIY Beauty recipes.

08:22:00



Hey everyone my name is Caitlin and I blog over at Blogging Through The Mirror and today I'm guest posting for the beautiful Naomi!

I thought I'd do a post all about DIY beauty with recipes! 
I have alot more over on my blog which you can find above and they are all great for the skin. Did I mention they are practically free using products you probably have in your cupboards! 

After you've read the post you can find me on these links:

ENJOY!:)


Clean up your complexion 
You will need:
1 ripe banana
1 table spoon of honey
10 drops of lemon juice

1 - tear or cut up the banana in a small bowl and mash it with a fork.
2 - add the honey and lemon juice and mix it well. 
3- apply the mask to the entire face and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse off with a warm washcloth

The benefits of this mask are the banana nourishes the skin while the honey absorbs and keeps moisture and the lemon juice works as an exfoliator, reducing the appearance of scars and wrinkles.

Brown sugar body scrub

You will need:
1/2 a cup of course brown sugar
1 tablespoon of honey
A splash of olive oil
1/2 table spoon of lemon juice

1 - Mix everything together in a bowl until its all combined
2 - Apply the scrub to your body and rinse off



This is great to remove dead winter skin which leaves you feeling fresh and flake free! It's also brilliant to do before applying fake tan. Your skin will thank you for this one!


oatmeal and lavender bath soak
You will need:
4 cups of oats
3 table spoons of dried lavender
1 cup of baking soda

1 - Add all the ingredients together and blend in a food processor until its very fine and almost powder.
2 - Pop as much as you like into the bath water and mix around. Relax and enjoy your bath!


This recipe is great for aches and pains. I use this when i get an achy back and this works a treat. It also soothes itchy and painful skin.





Oatmeal face mask

You will need:

1 table spoon of oatmeal

1 table spoon of organic yogurt (organic is important)

A few drops of honey



1- Add the ingredients all together to a past like consistency

2 - I like to apply some to both of my hands a rub in circular motions all around my face to exfoliate first.

3 - I the apply the mixture as a mask all over my face and leave it for around 10-15 minutes.

4 - Rinse the mask off using only your hands and warm water.

Oatmeal is a natural exfoliator and does a better job than most exfoliates out there that charge the earth! The yogurt adds moisture and soothes skin reducing redness and puffy eyes.







So i hope you all enjoyed those and it's given you some inspiration to try them! Let me know if you give them a go! Don't forget to check out the links I listed at the start if you want to see some more DIY beauty!

























You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Oh, I really love trying out some homemade natural face masks! These sound wonderful, definitely should give it a go! Thanks for sharing them :)

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete