Save Vs Splurge - Battle of the Cocoa butter. #BigBlogmasProject

09:03:00

Why, hello there...

I've been wanting to start these types of posts for a while now, it was just a matter of getting all my ideas together to get it started. This blog is about finding the cheaper side of beauty/fashion, so these Save Vs Splurge posts are going to show you alternatives for the higher end or more expensive products on the market at the moment. Lets get started with the first post!


Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula has been a cult winter product for quite some time now, with bloggers and their mothers all using it. It is great for dry skin, even eczema, over the winter months and has a great smell, but the Skin Systems Cocoa body lotion is exactly the same for a fraction of the price. This Palmer's bottle is only 250ml and costs £3.99 at Boots. The Skin System one is 400ml and is a steal at only £1.04 for ASDA. It still has a nice smell and does the job. I don't really care about the packaging, as long as it's easy to use and does its job. But if you are concerned about what it looks like, I would say Palmer's has the edge on this. The one difference I would say is that the Palmer's one is slightly thicker which you may prefer, but if you're trying to save a few pennies then the Skin Systems one is definitely worth a try. I personally get dry skin on my face and this has been good at keeping it under control and is also great for my legs. You can't go wrong at only £1.04.

Have you tried either of these products?

Thanking you,

Naomi

x

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Ah wow I love Palmers. I posted a review here. I was wondering whether the Skin System one would be suitable for sensitive skin? If so I'll give it a go.

    Olivia @ Awake Looks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's fine for sensitive skin! I can get quite severe eczema a=on my arms and it's great for it! x

      Delete
  2. £1.04 I'm in! Haha I need to bargain hunt and compare more often I think xx



    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete